The Moving Child Film’s Creator/Director Hana Kamea Kemble offers a variety of educational workshops focused on supporting dynamic movement for children and adults.
Hana is a seasoned presenter and teacher, with 20 years experience leading workshops designed to include multi-sensory experiential learning and dynamic engagement for all participants. Workshops are available for parents, preschools and ECE organizations, daycare staff, elementary teachers and school associations, doulas and midwives groups, counselors, expressive arts therapists and other in allied health and education professions.
Workshops currently offered
- The Moving Child Highlights and Best Practices 0-7years (for everyone)
- Developmental Movement: Best Practices for the First Two Years (for everyone)
- Supporting Dynamic Movement in Daycares (for ECE and Daycare staff)
- The Moving Preschooler (for ECE and Preschool staff)
- Moving to Learn ~ Learning to Move (for Elementary School staff)
- Moving In Utero and through Birth (for Doulas, Midwives & pregnant parents)
- Building Emotional Intelligence through Movement (for all)
- Growing Physical Intelligence: The view from Laban Movement Analysis (for all)
Half-day workshops range from 1.5 to 3 hours or can be full day, and one or more days. At a minimum, it’s best if we have at least one hour to include a showing of the film, and a half hour for questions. More ideal is an extra one hour for experiential learning and discussion. If you need something different for your group, we can always tailor a workshop to your needs specifically, and show only certain portions of the film or other short films from The Moving Child II. Just ask!
Rates for workshops vary depending on the location and size of your group and length of workshop. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to request a workshop, specifying the group, dates, location and topic interest, or call Hana at 604 781 6040.
When your participants take part in a workshop, they are offered The Moving Child Film resources at a discount and can join for free a community forum with updates on best practices.
Hana also teaches specific Dance/Movement Therapy training courses for professionals, accredited by the American Dance Therapy Association, more information can be found at www.westcoastdmt.com
Special Screenings and Keynotes also available.